The one and only Ford Mustang has undergone plenty of updates, enhancements, improvements, and any other word you could use to indicate that something has been made BETTER. And better it has been made!
According to the Ford Press Release:
- Sleeker design: New Mustang features a more athletic look, with new front and rear-end design that deliver a leaner and meaner look and refined aerodynamics
- More advanced technology: New Mustang technologies include a 12-inch all-digital instrument cluster that you can customize your way, MyMode with memory function that remembers your driving preferences for the next time you drive, and new driver-assist features such as Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection for increased confidence behind the wheel
- Improved Performance: Powerful engine upgrades, plus an all-new available 10-speed automatic transmission give Mustang even more performance, while available MagneRide™ suspension offers optimum handling; optional active valve exhaust affords complete auditory control – let the engine roar, or not
And that’s only the beginning….
- MagneRide damper technology is a new option with the Mustang Performance Package to optimize ride and handling in all situations.
- Ford’s legendary 5.0-liter V8 engine has been thoroughly reworked. It is more powerful and revs higher than any Mustang GT before. This power increase was achieved with the first application for Mustang of Ford’s new dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection on a V8 engine – delivering robust low-end torque, high-rpm power, and improved fuel efficiency.
- A new 10-speed automatic transmission, available with both EcoBoost and V8 engines, is the best automatic Mustang has ever offered. With a wide-ratio span and optimized gear spacing, this all-new gearbox helps deliver higher average power for acceleration – improving responsiveness and performance.
- The rear of the car gets revised LED taillamps for a more technical look, plus a new bumper, fascia and available performance spoiler. Dual-tip exhaust is standard for EcoBoost® Mustang, while V8-powered Mustang GT gets a standard quad-tip exhaust.
- Improved touch points and visual cues with a more premium look and feel characterize the new cockpit. The center console adds a new hand-stitched wrap with contrast stitching and padded knee bolsters while door handles, rings and bezels are finished in aluminum. Restyled seating surfaces feature new patterns and color choices, the instrument panel sports an updated Mustang badge and there’s a new key fob design. A heated steering wheel is optional.
So, do you think this is the best Mustang ever???