This is the amazing moment a huge sinkhole swallowed a $733,000.00 Rolls Royce supercar.
The horrified owner was forced to climb out of the window of his luxury motor as it was dragged into the ground.
Thankfully, the motorist was not injured in the bizarre incident, but it’s safe to say his car is a total write-off.
The bizarre accident happened on the streets of Harbin, capital of north-eastern China’s Heilongjiang Province, where the driver had been waiting at a set of traffic lights.
His Rolls-Royce then fell front first into the six-foot deep sinkhole, which was also six feet wide.
The motorist managed to open the driver’s side window and climb out as others car steered clear of the fragile road surface.
The sinkhole affected no other vehicles, swallowing only his Rolls-Royce on the day in a truly unfortunate accident.
Local authorities later helped sealed off the section of road and hoist his Rolls-Royce out.
Harbin police did not say what they believe caused the sinkhole.
What is a sinkhole
- A sinkhole is a hole in the ground caused by a collapse of the surface layer.
- Most are caused by the dissolution of rocks
- They can be formed over time or appear suddenly
- The Blue Hole in Africa includes an archway that leads out to the Red Sea and is 130metres deep
- The spectacular Great Blue Hole in Belize os a massive 407 feet deep
- One of the deepest sinkholes in the world is in Pozzo del Merro near Rome and is a massive 1,300 feet deep.